- The Customer (“Customer” or “You” or “Your”) may be a Parent, Student or Parent or Guardian on behalf of the student, Teacher, or different internet site visitors who get admission to and use the internet site and different eGrove Systems Platform, or Products or Service Offerings.
- We may also use your Personal Information together with other personally non-identifiable information to help us better understand our customers and to improve our service quality, the content quality, and the functionality of our Website or other Platform features.
- This information would help us to personalize and continually improve your teaching or learning experience on our Platform or Service offerings. We will not share this information with any third parties voluntarily, and we do not use this information for any other purpose, other than the purpose described in this policy
- It also describes your choices regarding the use, access, and correction of your personal information and your rights concerning your personal information, and how to contact us or supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE THEM
eGrove Systems collects information to provide a safe, efficient, better learning environment, according to the contract we have with you, the “Customer”. When we provide services to our customers, in some instances we process personal information. In these situations, it is our customers rather than we who decide the reasons for which the Personal Information will be processed.
- Contact Information, such as name, email address, display picture, avatar images, mailing address, phone number, IP address, geographic location, or phone number, to provide personalized teaching or learning experience to our customer
- Information to enable us to check and verify your identity, e.g., your date of birth, mark-sheets, passport, or other government-issued documents (like identification proof, address proof), etc. to ensure a safe and protected learning environment for all and to comply with legal requirements
- If you are a TEACHER or Contractor or Service Provider of the eGrove Systems we may collect information related to your identity, qualification, experience, and financial credibility, e.g. any of the Government issued documents you (like identification proof, address proof, educational proof, business registration certificate or tax id), or other institutional given documents to you (like experience certificates, offer letters) or financial score/ credit check documents from agencies, etc. that will enable us to check and verify. We would ensure a safe and protected learning environment for all and comply with legal requirements using this data and action
- Billing Information, such as debit card number, credit card number, and billing address, to provide online payment transaction services to you.
- Payment identifiers including PayPal, or Bank account information if you are a TEACHER or Contractor or Service Provider of eGrove Systems for account verification and to enable online payment for services provided to eGrove Systems
- Unique Identifiers, such as username or password to identify and provide desired services, and products to you
- Reviews or ratings, syllabus and course preferences, account settings, (including any notifications & preferences set on the eGrove Systems Platform) to understand the preferences and to provide personalized quality learning content and environment
- Information provided to us through our service, interaction with our customer service, participation in surveys or marketing promotions to help you troubleshoot & resolve the problem that you may face when accessing eGrove Systems Platform or Service offerings and to give value-added services and/ or products
Personal Information we collect from Customer
- Visit the eGrove Systems platform or Service offerings or products
- Use eGrove Systems platform or Service offerings or products
- Subscribe or buy any courses, classes, sessions, meetings, or any of our products or merchandise products
- Book an appointment or schedule/ reschedule any meetings
- Access, use, learn, using any learning content, materials, or packages including interactive learning content, worksheets, online forms, or any other form of content or tools
- Participate and submit any information on the learning tools, worksheets, assessments, and other interactive learning materials
- Search for any information on our eGrove Systems Platform or Service Offerings
- Subscribe to receive newsletters, messages, notifications, preferences, platform or product updates, announcements, and services.
- request information about our services/ products
- subscribe to marketing or support materials
- download eGrove Systems software or content, third-party software, or open source software (“Software”) from eGrove Systems Platform
- enter and participate in a contest or promotions
- respond to the promotional campaigns
- register to a secure extranet site (can be a part of eGrove Systems Platform software) to obtain access to Software or Service Offering and any associated information, support, and training (e.g.: Chat system, Support desk, Knowledgebase, FAQ, or other applications of eGrove Systems)
- Select to use our referral service, affiliate service, or our partner services and inform about our Platform or Service offerings or Subscriptions or Purchases like merchandise purchases, partner services, etc.
- use any of our referral services, then eGrove Systems may ask for the referral’s name, email address, and other identification information.
Personal Information we collect using tools or other sources:
- We also may collect additional information about the user/ customer that is related to you such as your computer or device’s operating system, browser, location, IP address, network usage, devices permission settings allowed for our Software, and other software characteristics including type and configurations, and your use of and activities on our Platform, or Service Offerings or Products, transcript of any chat conversation with our staffs or contractors or service providers via the use of the cookies, web beacons, logs, web traffic analytics, and other technologies.
- We use mobile analytics software to better understand the functionality of our mobile applications on your mobile phone device. This mobile analytics software may record information such as how often you use the eGrove Systems applications, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, application performance data, and the source of the application download. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
Bank and Payment Information
- When you use any features or services that require any payment using Bank transactions or payments via credit or debit card, you may be redirected to our registered payment gateways/ payment service providers. You may store and save your payment details like card numbers with those gateways. We do not have access to this data.
- All the payment transactions are processed through the secure payment gateway providers and secured service layer protocols. We do not store any card information (other than the last 4 digits of your card) on our servers.
- When you make any online payments, we may track the web or mobile screens, the component of the web or mobile screens, and information that you access through our web or mobile screens and store on our servers to track the payment processing
- When you access and use the eGrove Systems Platform or Services offering including the website or mobile application, we may collect and store certain information to maintain and improve security, analyze the trends, and administer the Platform products to assist us in improving better customer experience. We may use this data to analyze and evaluate the traffic patterns received on the eGrove Systems Platform so that we can make it more useful to our visitors and customers. We would also provide better services using back-end & customer support services, better content, new products depending on your interests, etc.
We may use the information that we collected for other purposes as laid out below:
- carrying out our obligations
- enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and eGrove Systems
- improving our eGrove Systems Platform, Websites, Web services, Services Offerings, our mobile applications, and other interactions, (e.g., customer service inquiries, product inquiries, user conferences, etc.), content quality, teachers’ quality, teaching strategies
- contacting you to participate in surveys that we use for marketing or quality assurance purposes
- sending you business and promotional information
- sending emails to referral visitors inviting them to visit the website or use the application
- sending you alerts, reminders, and notifications through email, push, or SMS about the events happening on the eGrove Systems Platform
- complying with Service Offering contractual needs as well as in any other way we describe when you provide information
- combating fraud, crime, and as otherwise required or permitted by law and
- for any other purpose with your consent
We may send you emails, push notifications, and SMS notifications at regular intervals or as required to update you on the events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of notifications and messages, you can turn them off at your device level by setting the preferences of receiving or opting out. To ensure you receive the right notifications at the right time, we need to collect certain information about your devices such as operating system and user identification information.
SUBMISSIONS TO PUBLIC SPACES
- eGrove Systems consists of employees, contractors, partners, affiliates, associates, individual contractors, parents, and other community users (“Users/ users”). Most of the features available in eGrove Systems Platform or Service offerings allow connecting these users and communicating in public or as groups called (“Public Spaces”).
- When you submit any content, document, information, or other materials to eGrove Systems Platform ensure that
- The content is original, or you have ownership rights or permission to submit
- The content does not contain any personal or sensitive information
- You agree that if you submit any personal information on the eGrove Systems Platform that can be read, collected, or used by others, or they may send you unsolicited messages
- You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the outcomes of submitting any personal or sensitive information in public space
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS, CORRECT, AMEND & DELETE DATA Rights
eGrove Systems acknowledges that you have:
- the right to access your personal information
- the right to correct or update the personal information
- the right to delete the personal information
Information Access, Updates:
- eGrove Systems strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented appropriate technology & management processes, and policies designed to maintain data reliability. We will provide you with reasonable access to your personal information following relevant laws, including by making reasonable efforts to provide you with online access and the opportunity to update your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your personal information. Upon request, eGrove Systems will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information.
- Your decision to provide the personal information that we may request from time to time is voluntary. However, if you do not provide the personal information requested, you may not be able to proceed with the activity or receive the benefit for which the personal information is being requested.
- You can always unsubscribe or choose not to receive promotional materials from eGrove Systems by following the specific instructions in the email or other communication you receive or by notifying us via the appropriate method(s) described below. It may take a reasonable time to process your request, but no longer than 10 business days for email promotions.
- In countries where eGrove Systems is required to do so by law, eGrove Systems will offer you the opportunity to provide opt-in consent before promotional materials are sent, or promotional calls are made, to you. This will not apply to product or service offerings communications that are required for certain Service Offerings, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel the applicable Service Offerings.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
- We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with eGrove Systems Platform, Products, or Service Offerings. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you with Software or Services, contact us via the applicable methods provided in this policy.
- Even after we cancel your account or cease using your personal information to provide you with Software or Services, we may still retain, use, and disclose your information as necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, ethical, or document retention obligations, and any request to delete your personal information is subject to these obligations and restrictions.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION, CONTRACTORS, THIRD PARTIES, AND EXTERNAL LINKS
- We use other third-party companies, agencies, agents, contractors, or individual contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to help us to provide services to you.
- We engage such Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure, and IT services, personalizing & optimizing our services, processing payment transactions, providing customer service, collecting debts, analyzing & enhancing data concerning our services, conducting, and handling surveys. For these services, the Service providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services. If you opt out of sharing your information with these third-party service providers for these purposes, we may be unable to provide the eGrove Systems Platform or Service Offerings, Products, or other support you requested.
- eGrove Systems may share non-personal information (e.g., anonymous, aggregated data) without restriction.
- We may exchange personal and/ or non-personal information with other third parties for fraud protection and/ or credit risk reduction.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION ACROSS COUNTRY BORDERS
Cross-border personal information sharing
We may disclose your personal information and other information, including across country borders,
- to our subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, contractors, service providers, and worldwide offices
- to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement or government request, or other legal processes
- to produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government, or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings.
The purpose of information sharing
- eGrove Systems determines in its good faith judgment that such disclosure is necessary to provide its services or to protect the rights, interests, safety, or property of its business, employees, suppliers, customers, or others.
- In connection with any proposed or actual sale or other transfer of some or all assets of eGrove Systems, and/or any proposed or actual sale or merger of eGrove Systems or any division of eGrove Systems:
- To enforce the terms of any agreement with eGrove Systems
- To combat fraud or other criminal activity
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- As otherwise required or permitted by law and/ or
- with your consent
- We reserve the right to communicate your personal information to any third party that makes a legally-compliant request for its disclosure.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- eGrove Systems has implemented administrative, technical, and physical measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, anti-virus protection, network monitoring, and, where appropriate and required by applicable law, Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) or similarly encrypted browsers. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% private and secure, and you understand that eGrove Systems does not ensure or warrant the privacy or security of any information we collect from or about you and that you use the eGrove Systems Platform or Service Offerings and provide us with information at your own risk
- If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
- Please also be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an email that looks like it is from eGrove Systems or our Product names, or brand names, asking for your personal information. eGrove Systems will never request your personal information through email. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us as set forth below.
- In the event of a data or privacy breach, we will notify the affected users within 72 hours of first having become aware of such a breach. We will also notify the applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so
- We cannot assure absolute security to your personal information and by entering into or logging into our website, you explicitly agree not to sue us for any data breach.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR YOUR CHOICES, YOUR REQUESTS, AND YOUR QUESTIONS
- Unsubscribe from eGrove emails using the link provided in our emails. Alternatively, you can contact email@example.com with the subject line ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’.
- If you come across any content or material copyright violation, please report firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘COPYRIGHT ISSUE – LEGAL REGARDING’
eGrove Systems Corporation,
2G Auer Ct.,
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
eGrove Systems Pvt Ltd.,
#1354, 11th Street, I Block,
18th Main Road, Vallalar Kudiyirupu,
Anna Nagar West,
Chennai – 600040,
Tamil Nadu, India.
COPYRIGHTS AND SUBMISSIONS
- The copyrights of the eGrove Systems Platform website, software, and application are owned by or licensed to eGrove Systems and its associates. Any use of this eGrove Systems Platform, Products or Service Offerings, or its contents, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without our permission. You cannot modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, print, download, publish, sell, license, create derivative work, or use it for commercial or public purposes either as part or full.
- The eGrove Systems Platform contains copyrighted materials, trademarks, and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, documents, worksheets, photos, video, graphics, music, sound, etc., and are protected by the Copyrights laws. eGrove Systems is the exclusive owner of these copyrighted materials, trademarks, and other proprietary information
- When using eGrove Systems Platforms, make sure that any information, documents, materials, or other content you use or provide to eGrove Systems Platforms does not violate anybody else’s copyright before utilizing it. You are solely responsible for any damages resulting from any infringement of trademarks, service marks, copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such submissions.
- By submitting any content or material to eGrove Systems Platform, you warrant that you own the license or have permission from the owner of the content or material to grant eGrove Systems the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material either as a whole or in part, worldwide and/ or, to incorporate the content or materials in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material.
- eGrove Systems does not warrant that this website, eGrove Systems Platforms, Service Offerings, or Products or Content in its servers or email sent by us or on our behalf are virus-free. We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of eGrove Systems Platforms, Service Offerings, or Products or Content. We will not be liable for any kind of such compensatory or penalties
- eGrove Systems will not be liable for the consequences of any privacy issues, due to the use of third-party links available on the eGrove Systems Platform or Service offerings.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- By registering your account with eGrove Systems, you agree that you have explicitly given consent for us to capture images, perform analysis, have camera/ mic permissions to make calls with video/ audio, or both, and record the same.
This Policy was last updated on November 24, 2022.